Senior VFX Artist, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe – London Studio
London, UK – 2015-Present
Project: Development of VFX for unannounced VR title.
- Gave a presentation at GDC 2017 at the Persistent Studios booth about our usage of PopcornFX for the authoring of VFX for VR Worlds.
Previous project: VFX and lighting enhancements for PlayStation Pro version of ‘VR Worlds’.
- Increased graphical fidelity across multiple areas of the game for use on improved hardware.
- Designed systems with which to control graphics settings between hardware iterations and user tests.
VFX Artist, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe – London Studio
London, UK – 2011-2015
Project: Development of VFX and lighting assets for PlayStation VR (PS4) launch title ‘VR Worlds’
- Designed and created all environmental/gameplay VFX and lighting within DangerBall and The Hub.
- Performed lighting and color grade work for a variety of VR experiences including PlayStation VR’s primary demo software, Ocean’s Descent and VR Luge. Stood in as Lighting Lead, and improved lighting pipeline with the tools team.
- Worked closely with in-house tools team to improve rendering quality, tool usability and feature-set of LS Creator.
- Provided extensive game design feedback, offering solutions and new ideas.
- Planned VFX and Lighting tasks, aiding production with time and feasibility estimates.
- Managed feature development of the PopcornFX tool with Persistent Studios as the primary point-of-contact for our team.
- Attended Stockholm EA/Dice Summit 2015 to demonstrate PlayStation VR to first-party studio leads.
- Solely developed a number of VR prototype experiences.
- Aided the development of an in-house real-time volumetric Light Fields system, creating multiple demos and testbeds.
- Stakeholder and co-designer of a Property Mixer tool/component that lerps between predefined property states.
Previous projects: Development of VFX for Book of Spells, Book of Potions (PS3 – Augmented Reality)
- Developed a variety of magic and environmental VFX.
- Designed pipeline for ‘potion splashing’ decal system.
Designer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe – London Studio
London, UK – 2009-2011
Projects: Singstar, DanceStar Party/Everybody Dance, PlayStation Home (PS3)
- Designed multiple core features, in particular, creation of the main scoring system, cue-cards interface (including tool implementation and database management) and the game’s primary UGC feature
- Co-designed various SingStar features such as UGC reporting and peripheral management.
- Used in-house VFX tools to design and implement UI feedback systems, leading to a career in VFX.
- Documented design using Confluence wiki system.
- Co-designed a scoring appraisal feature for comparing streams of PlayStation Move data, from which a successful patent was filed (http://www.google.com/patents/US20130095926).
- Trained in Lateral Thinking, 6 Thinking Hats, Effective Communication, Emotional Intelligence.
Design Tester, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe – London Studio
London, UK – 2008-2009
Projects: Singstar (PS2,PS3)
- Worked with the design team to ensure that new features maintain a high level of quality, suggesting design changes and reporting bugs using DevTrack.
- Checked game content, in particular the gameplay aspects of content mark-up, extensively using the in-house asset management system.
- Wrote scripts for the in-house automated testing environment, cooperating with external QA to create a script database.
- Contacted external QA team to arrange testing and patch deployment, and created test plans.
- Aided the organization of a private beta testing phase for a large patch feature.
- Ensured compliance with Sony TRCs.
Standards and Compliance Tester – SEGA Europe Ltd
Chiswick, UK – 2008-2008
Projects: Sonic Unleashed (Wii, DS)
- Ensured compliance with Wii guidelines, terminology and messages, using RVT-H/R Reader hardware, Ncheck and SDKcheck tools.
Functionality Tester – SEGA Europe Ltd
Chiswick, UK – 2007-2008
Projects: Football Manager 2008 (360), Beijing 2008 (PS3, 360, PC), SEGA Superstars Tennis (Wii, DS, 360), Viking: Battle For Asgard (PS3, 360), Sega Rally 3 (Arcade), Football Manager Live (PC), The Golden Compass (PC), PictoImage (DS)
- Used TestTrack Pro and Mantis to log functionality bugs
- Consistently maintained a high quality of reporting while achieving considerably high bug counts.
- Performed senior duties such as completion of the Daily Handover and Task Allocation.